The Town of Strathmore's Regular Council Meetings are held on the first and third Wednesday of each month at 7:00 p.m. in the Municipal Council Chambers at 680 Westchester Road. These meetings are open to the public and we encourage residents to attend
Council Highlights – June 5, 2013
- Council set a Public Hearing for July 3, 2013
- Council gave first reading to Bylaw #13-12 Kinsmen Park Land Use Amendment Bylaw.
- Council referred Bylaw #13-12 to the Public Hearing scheduled for July 3, 2013.
- Council gave first, second, third and final reading to Elections Bylaw #13-10
- Council gave first reading to Bylaw #13-09 Renewal of the Electrical Distribution Franchise Agreement.
- Council authorized the Mayor and CAO to sign a letter addressed to the Alberta Utilities Commission making application to the AUC and to have the AUC advertise concerning the Franchise Agreement.
- Council authorized to participate in an application for the Cooperative Stormwater Management Initiative, submitted by Rockyview County under the Regional Collaboration component of the Regional Collaboration Program and that the Town of Strathmore, a participant, agrees to abide by the terms of the Conditional Grant Agreement, governing the purpose and use of the grant funds.
- Council adopted Policy #1103 - Staff Code of Ethics and Conduct Policy as presented.
- Council approved an expenditure of not more than $14,500.00 for the lease of a Voting Tabulation System for the 2013 Municipal Elections and that the funds for the lease be drawn from the Financial Stabilization Reserve.
- Council approved two additional programmer positions plus part time facilitator positions up to 40 hours within the organization chart, under the FCSS Department, beginning June 24, 2013 with funds to be drawn from financial stabilization and the amount not to exceed $60,000.00 for the balance of the 2013 year.
- Council approved an expenditure of $31,650.00 for the Tour of Alberta Festival to come out of the Financial Stabilization Fund.
- Council proclaimed June 2013 as Recreation and Parks Month in Strathmore.
- Council allowed a minimum amount of Council members that may attend the annual FCM conference be limited to the Mayor and one Councillor.
- Council appointed Councillor Sobol to the CRP Transportation Committee to deal with transportation issues in the Strathmore area.
For access to the full agenda and minutes please click here.
The Public Announcement section provides a location for Town news items to be accessed. If you have any questions or concerns regarding this information, please contact the Town directly.
Strathmore - A Fanstastic Town to Live in Video
Lifestyle Homes has produced a video that showcases many of Strathmore's highlights. Please click here to view the video.
Old Vehicle Round Up
The Town of Strathmore wants to continuously clean up our community and make it an even more beautiful place. In some of the yards, we have noticed some old vehicles that you may want to have picked up. These vehicles can be picked up free of charge and recycled. If you have any old vehicles that you are interested in having recycled, please call Eagle Head Auto at 403-934-3434. They are a government registered auto recycling facility.
Enjoy a piece of Strathmore History
The Town of Strathmore has history books for sale at the town office.