|HIG week is coming! - click here
|Posted: Wednesday, January 2, 2013 9:28 am
Do you have a few acceptable household items that you want disposed of? HIG week is coming so please remember to have your heavy items tagged and placed at the location of your regular garbage pickup and must be out before 7.00 am on the Monday of pick up week. HIG tags available at the Town office.
What is heavy item garbage?
- Washers, dryers, stoves, furniture (sofas, dressers etc.), mattress, box springs.
- Carpet must be rolled and no longer than 4 ft.
- Metal materials
- Small amounts of lumber must also be bundled, taped and no longer than 4ft.
- Items must be able to be lifted by hand without the aid of machinery
How to distinguish what is heavy item garbage?
- Heavy item garbage must be marked with bright HIG stickers, which are available from the town office.
- Heavy item garbage is to be placed at the location of your regular garbage pick up and must be out before 7.00 am on the Monday of pick up week.
What is not heavy item garbage?
- Garbage bags – residential waste - these are considered regular garbage and are part of your 3 unit limit.
- Paint cans
- Vehicle oil disposal
- Fridges and freezers unless freeon has been removed and item has a certificate to show this has been done *We would suggest these are taken directly to the recycle yard where they will remove freeon for a nominal fee and then dispose of the appliance
- Construction materials - large quantifies of lumber, drywall, insulation, concrete
- Vehicle tires and parts
- Large volume of items